Name:
Location: United States

I am a 45-year-old widowed father of five (one deceased). My life revolves around whatever events my children participate in.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I sometimes wonder if I'll die a miserable, lonely, old man. For some particular reason, I can't fathom myself moving on in that department. Part of me doesn't want to, and the other part of me is scared of that plunge again. I have my kids. I have my life wound tightly within their own lives. When they eventually leave this home, I'll be lost. God, let time slow down.

Joe

2 Comments:

Blogger rkrato said...

Hi Joe,

I'm in the same boat. My oldest is a Junior in High School so I still have another year before she potentially leaves for school. I'm between looking forward to having a world of my own and dreading being the only one in my world.

Rod

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am recently widowed and I have the same fear. The house is so big to be alone in it. Fortunately, my youngest is eight.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home