Name:
Location: United States

I am a 45-year-old widowed father of five (one deceased). My life revolves around whatever events my children participate in.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Something unexpected happened a couple of days ago. I lost my wedding ring. I feel completely naked without it on my finger. I twist and grab at my ring finger, mostly out of habit. It's not the money that concerns me about losing the ring. It's not even the ring itself. That circle of jewelry was chosen specifically by her. She placed that ring on my finger herself. As you know, and Faith made well aware, I didn't wear a ring for our first ten years. Now, I can't imagine my finger without it. I have re-traced my steps and combed this house, but I can't find that ring. I'm sorry, Honey.

1 Comments:

Blogger rkrato said...

I did the same thing. I had been trying to decide how to transition the wedding ring. I started by wearing it in my right hand and it would always end up back in it's usual place on my left hand. Then I put it on my key ring but I worried that it would get lost. And of course, it did. I retraced and looked for a few weeks and have since decided if it is meant to be, I will find it, and if not...

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home